Vortex Sparc AR Review 2020 – [Worth Buying]
This is the great red dot sight for the money. Its price under 200 dollars. Once you mounted, it can hold zero for a long time. Even I tested with the 300 AAC blackout rifle. The Vortex sparc ar is incredibly well made. It feels rock-solid in hand and quite durable.
The sparc ar red dot looks great. The red dot is super bright and high-quality along with clean glass. The built-in lens rubber cover also well-made and pretty much durable. The operating system is in the right place so that you can easily run them. It uses an AAA battery. You can buy the battery easily everywhere.
Vortex sparc ar review 2020 – Pros & Cons
- Simple, Fast, Point and Shoot.
- Rear-facing operating system and very quick to access.
- The clear and bright red dot.
- Control system is viewable from the target.
- 2 Minute of Angle (MOA) and easy to aim the target.
- Water and shockproof.
- Unlimited eye relief. Fog proof.
- Parallax free and super durable.
- Common AAA battery.
- Lower 1/3 co-witness (1.575"/40mm)
- Absolute co-witness (1.456"/37mm).
- I'll let you know if I find anything negative about the sparc ar.
The vortex sparc AR Review 2020
To compare with the higher end sights like Trijicon MRO or Aimpoint micro T1, it has a couple of shortage. I own all of these three optics that's why I'm comparing Sparc ar sight with these two optics. I hope you would like it.
The sparc ar has an AAA battery which is held comparatively low charges. Sometimes battery shuts off automatically which is annoying but you can make it easy if you carry some extra batteries. If you're a seasonal hunter or target shooter, then it's not an issue. On the other hand, Aimpoint and Trijicon are above all this issue.
7.5 oz is quite lightweight but double as compared to the Aimpoint micro with the mount. 3 to 4 ounces is not a big deal for the seasonal shooter. If you want something like ultra-lightweight then you need to increase your budget. But, End of the day, it can get the job done.
Red Dot Clarity:
The sparc ar has a red dot which seems a little bit fuzzy but still, you can aim the target accurately and have great shots. On the other hand, MRO or T1's optics is crystal clear but they expensive too.
I can definitely say that the sparc ar is more durable than the MRO or T1. T1 and MRO are expensive for other features but the sparc ar is what it is. This is the best red dot sight for the money so far. As always, vortex offers an excellent warranty.
If you want the best red dot under 200, buy the Sparc AR! It's worth the value of what it is. After using for a while I would say that it is the perfect sight for the professional as well as the average shooter. One more thing is that you can depend on it and you'll never be disappointed.
Vortex sparc ar red dot review 2020 – Specifications.
- Magnification: 1x
- Objective Lens Diameter: 22mm
- Eye Relief: Unlimited
- Dot color: Bright red
- Adjustment Graduation: 2 MOA
- Maximum Elevation Adjustment: 90 MOA
- Maximum Windage Adjustment: 90 MOA
- Length: 2.9 in
- Weight: 7.5 oz
- Battery : AAA
Vortex sparc ar red dot review - Features
- The Sparc ar has a 2 MOA. The red dot is bright and very easy to spot. The lighting conditions don't affect at the red dot. You can easily aim the target in any lighting background. It doesn't affect the red dot if powered up or down.
- High quality and well-made aircraft aluminum body. The Sparc's lenses are fully multi-coated. You can target the object fast with a wide view. Unlimited eye relief never distracts you.
- The control system is rear-facing and viewable so that you can access them easily.
- It is shockproof, fog and waterproof. The sight body is rubber-armored so that you can operate it's in tough conditions. Nitrogen purging and o-rings seals ensure fog-proof performance.
- The sparc ar run by a AAA battery and it can work up to 300 hours at maximum brightness.
Daylight Bright Red Dot Reticle
As I said earlier, the red dot is 2 MOA (Minute of Angle) and super-fast to target. There are 10 brightness options and the lowest 2 options are night vision.
To get the proper shoot, you have to keep your both eyes open. With the sparc ar red dot sight, you can get the maximum shooting experience if you open your eyes. It also allows you to aim the target quickly. Eye placement isn't a big deal. Just spot the red dot and press the trigger, BOOM!
Mounting the SPARC
You can mount the sparc ar into two heights. One is absolute co-witness and another one is lower co-witness(1/3). Basically, sparc ar comes with the lower mounted. So you don't need to make any changes. Usually, in the lower 1/3 co-witness, the red dot is located 40mm high of the base surface. On the other hand, absolute co-witness is 37mm above the base surface. You need to just remove 3mm base shim for absolute co-witness.
In order to get the perfect shot, it is essential to mount the sight accurately. To mount the optic isn't a big deal, if you follow all steps then you can make it easier. Very first, you need to make sure that your firearms are well equipped with the weaver style rail/base or Picatinny.
- Add the sparc top of the firearms I mean base/rail. Attach the sight rear-facing so that you can control it easily. At first, you need to make sure that the sight is heavily seated in the base. And the second thing is that you have to attach the sight at least four inches ahead of your eyes for safe eye relief.
- Make sure hooked the base clamp properly.
What the users say: Great Value of Money!
You'll understand what it is when you hold the sparc ar in your hand. This sight will impress you within a second. As I mentioned above, I'm a big fan of Aimpoint but the sparc ar is my first Vortex scope. Compare to the Aimpoint, it is super cheap. One more interesting this is that Vortex is a US company. They design and manufacture all the products here in the USA So that you can rely on them blindly. The vortex customer service will convince you easily to trust on them.
After spending over a week researching on holographic and red dot sight, I found sparc ar. I can say that I'm super happy with it in this price range. This optic never disappoints you! After ordering I received it in 3 days. So I did a couple of shots with it and it was fabulous.